Hosting dinner parties is a great way to bring all of your friends together for an evening full of fun, food and… well, more food! But what is appropriate to serve to your guests? Here are some of my all time favourite dinner party recipes for you to try!
Parma Ham Swizzle Sticks Recipe
– Six slices of parma ham that need to be sliced lengthways.
– Two tablespoons of olive oil
– Half a seven gram bag of yeast
– Fifty grams of black olives that have been halved
– Leaves from two rosemary sprigs that have been diced
– Two hundred and fifty grams of flour
– Two hundred millimetres of milk
– Fresh pesto
1) Heat the oil and milk in separate pans until their lukewarm. While waiting for them to heat up, mix the flour, yeast and a small amount of salt – just a teaspoon or so – in a bowl.
2) Very slowly pour both the oil and the milk into the mixture in the bowl, stirring it in very steadily until you have a dough-like mixture.
3) Sprinkle some flour onto a chopping board or kitchen surface and place the dough onto the flour, kneading it until it is soft but firm.
4) Use some excess oil to grease a bowl up slightly and then put the dough inside. Cover it with a tea towel and leave somewhere warm, but not too hot, for around half an hour.
5) When the half an hour is up, preheat your oven to gas mark 6/200 degrees C. While the oven is heating up, split the dough into twelve even balls and then stretch these balls out into strips of around 15 centimetres.
6) Twist the strips of dough together with the pieces of parma ham.
7) Put the sticks in the oven for around fifteen minutes until they are a lovely golden brown colour and then remove and serve with the fresh pesto as a garnish.
Spicy Crab Squares
– One tablespoon of chopped chives
– 150 grams of cream cheese
– 100 grams of white crab meat
– Four slices of brioche
– 1 lemon
– A dash of Tabasco
1) Preheat your oven to gas mark 6/200 degrees.
2) Divide each of your four slices of brioche into six pieces, leaving you with twenty-four bite-sized squares of brioche.
3) Toast the brioche squares in the oven for around 12 minutes until they look golden in colour and crispy in consistency.
4) While the brioche is cooking, mix your crab meat with the cream cheese, Tabasco, chopped chives and some lemon zest in a mixing bowl. Add as much or as little seasoning as you would like.
5) Add a generous serving of the crab mixture on top of the brioche bites and serve to your guests!
There are some great recipe ideas to be found online, there are just too many to list here!